Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So that was me New Year's Day 2005. down at the bottom of the page there. safely wrapped up in the very high thread count sheets in a very high hotel room in a five star hotel in San Francisco's Union Square.

And I had no idea what was going to happen. 21 year old girlfriend, snapping pictures, ordering up room service, eyeing up the body paints. Everything was normal. Back home, in London the flat, the sports car waiting at the airport, the job. nothing weird about this year so far.

If I'd wanted the quiet life I should have just rolled over that day. Stayed in bed. Stayed wrapped up there in that Heavenly bed for a couple of weeks. Not come back to London, into work, and be offered a promotion to Hong Kong.


I had no idea that New Year's Day 2006 would see me celebrating the Year of the Dog homeless in Hong Kong with not a penny in the world, no job, no girlfriend, just a jar of pennies and a boat i could not sell because a) it was sinking and b) i was living on it.


Did not see that coming at all! Still, it was about time for some adventure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi to the body paints! Hehe. But I like the way your blog has come on. Roll on New Year's Day 2007...

5:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home